Throughout the Morgan Hill 2035 project, the City and project team will meet with industry experts. These meetings will help ensure that the Morgan Hill 2035 project reflects realistic, implementable strategies that effectively guide future development in the city.
The City anticipates holding the following industry expert meetings:
- Stakeholder Interviews. The project team will meet with commercial developers, real estate brokers, housing developers, property owners, housing advocates, environmental organizations, business owners, and other groups. A list of invited stakeholders is here (0.07 MB PDF). If you would like to be added to a specific stakeholder list, please contact Carey Stone. The City anticipates holding the following stakeholder interviews:
- Stakeholder Interviews #1: Issues Identification - February 28, 2013
- Stakeholder Interviews #2: Housing - June 27, 2013
- Stakeholder Interviews #3: Growth Alternatives - July 31, 2013
- Stakeholder Interviews #4: Policy Options - October 13 and 14, 2014
- Stakeholder Interviews #5: Zoning Code - September 16, 2015
- Stakeholder Interviews #6: Telecommunications - November 20, 2015
- Economic Development and Growth Management Symposia. The City hosted an Economic Development Symposium and Growth Management Symposium to hear from industry experts on these topics. For more information about these events see below.
Upcoming MeetingsPlease check this page for updates.
Friday, November 20, 2015, Stakeholder Interviews #6: TelecommunicationsStakeholder Interviews #6 was held on November 20, 2015 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at the City Council Chambers. At this meeting, the City solicited feedback from local business leaders to better understand the current and future telecommunications needs.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015, Stakeholder Interviews #5: Zoning Code UpdateStakeholder Interviews #5 were held on September 16, 2015 from 3:30 - 4:30 pm at the City Council Chambers West Conference Room. The focus of these interviews was on the Zoning Code Update.
Monday and Tuesday, October 13 and 14, 2014, Stakeholder Interviews #4: Policy Options
Stakeholder Interviews #4 were held on October 13 and 14 at the City Hall Conference Room West (next to the Council Chambers) located at 17555 Peak Avenue. The focus of these interviews was on policy options for the General Plan Update. The Policy Options Memorandum provided a starting point for the discussion and stakeholders were encouraged to bring up policy options that were not included in the memorandum. The small group discussions occurred as follows:
Monday, October 13, 2014
10:00 AM to 11:30 AM: Agencies and Non-profits
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM: Developers (Housing and Property Owners/Developers)
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM: Brokers and Businesses